SNH Capacity Building Training
SNH and the Planning Skills programme delivered three training sessions in April and May 2019 for planning staff in Ayrshire, Clydeplan and the Lothians.
This training was to help to develop the capacity and knowledge base around the following topic areas:
- Protected Species - including when surveys are needed & the relevant legislation to refer to
- Planning Applications - looking at when designated sites may be affected
- Habitat Regulations Appraisals - including assessment of significant impact & appropriate mitigation of impacts
- Landscape Assessment/Character
- Biodiversity Duty
- Green Network Opportunities in Development Management
Biodiversity advice and further information for planners and developers can be found on the Scottish Natural Heritage website.
Slides for presentations given at each of the 3 training sessions can be found below.
Ayrshire - Natural Heritage Overview
Ayrshire - Natura and Habitats Regulations Appraisal
Ayrshire - SNH Roles and Responsibilities
Clydeplan - Natural Heritage Overview
Clydeplan - Natura and Habitats Regulations Appraisal
Clydeplan - SNH Roles and Responsibilities
Clydeplan - European Designated Sites and Development
Clydeplan - Protected Species for Planners
Clydeplan - Protected Species Law, Licensing and Development
Lothians - Habitats Regulations Appraisal
Lothians - Roles and Responsibilities