Mediation skills for planners
How mediation skills can assist planners – including for collaboration and leadership.
- Thinking about positions and interests of different stakeholders – particularly those positions material to planning
- The use of open questions and the impact they may have on people’s perceptions
- Reframing and how planners might use this to promote a positive discussion
- Understanding non-verbal communication
- Active listening skills as a way of understanding people’s perspectives and demonstrating understanding.
- Managing power imbalances.
The Scottish Mediation Centre present on skills of effective mediation and the benefits to planners.
Presentation taken from Partners In Planning Launch Event
6 September 2018